Jobs in fashion
Merchandisers - Central London, London
Merchandising Administrative Assistant
Are you fanatical for figures but love fashion?
Do you want an exciting and rewarding career within one of the UK’s leading high street retailers?
If so, then you’ll love working as a Merchandiser’s Administration Assistant within one of our fast paced leading high street brands.
Merchandising is all about ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time. Working alongside the Buying team, Merchandisers analyse previous sales trends to successfully forecast what we need to buy, how much of it and when it needs to hit stores to maximise profit and minimise markdown.
We know that graduates are the future of our business which is why last year Arcadia employed 300 across the Group and scooped the Target Retail Graduate Recruiter 2011 award. Our employees play a vital part in our success which is why we pride ourselves on giving graduates the best start to their careers, by offering excellent on the job competency based training and continued core skill workshops.
As an MAA in one of our brands you will be:
- Providing crucial support to the Merchandising team taking an active role by analysing sales trends, monitoring deliveries and maintaining stock levels
- Helping to predict and plan how many of each item will sell, in what colour and size
- Allocating your departments ranges ensuring there is enough stock to satisfy customer demand, but not having so much that results in markdown
- Managing current sales and forecasting sales figures
- Monitoring deliveries and stock levels in distribution centres and stores
- Undertaking store visits as necessary to understand stock packages and customer demographics
In order to be considered for this role you’ll need:
- A combination of passion, commercial knowledge, great communication and analytical skills
- Commercial awareness and a keen interest in the fashion retail industry
- Retail shop floor experience
- A degree in any discipline
In return for your efforts we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 25% discount on Group merchandise
- Access to sample sales
If you feel you have the energy, passion, enthusiasm and necessary skills for this role, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information visit: www.arcadiagroup.co.uk/careers
Job Added by Arcadia Group
Date Added: 26th April 2012
TFN Manchester Careers Day
Wed 12th March 2014
Future Devices Event 'High Fashion meets High Technology'
Thu 27th March 2014
TFN London Careers Day
Wed 7th May 2014