Jobs in fashion
Pattern Cutters - Manchester, North West
CREATIVE PATTERN CUTTER WANTED!
Fast moving premium menswear label established in 2010 based in the heart of Manchester. The brand sells products in UK and overseas to many independent retailers.
THIS IS NOT A GRADUATE ROLE!
Working closely with the design team, developing concepts into prototype patterns and garments. This role will take responsibility in Menswear garments, ensuring that the final prototype will be viable for bulk production.
• Translate the designer’s illustration to create first patterns and working with the sampling machinist to produce a prototype garment within the given timescales.
• Able to work flat and drape on the stand.
• Confident working with stretch and woven. Knowledge of denim and leather is a plus.
• In conjunction with the designer review the prototype garments making changes to patterns.
• Ability to create final patterns and alter electronically on Lectra.
• Produce a size specification chart for every pattern/style developed to be used by factories. Ensure these are updated as and when changes are made.
• Strong understanding of Lectra system including digitizing, editing, grading, marker making and plotting.
• Cross checking size measurements on production.
• Work comfortably with word, excel
The ideal candidate will have:
• Enthusiastic professional pattern cutting skills with a good technical understanding of garment construction, a creative eye for fashion and high attention to detail.
If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Please send CV to Adam Grant email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A GRADUATE ROLE
Salary: Not specified
Job Added by Delusion Clothing
Date Added: 4th May 2012
Closing Date: 4th August 2012
London: Wearable Technology in Fashion - Really?
Tue 23rd February 2016
That's My Idea! The IP Talk
Wed 24th February 2016
Ethical & Sustainable Sourcing – What does it all mean?
Wed 16th March 2016