Jobs in fashion
Quality Controllers - Manchester, North East
Experienced Garment Technologist / Product Developer
To work closely with Designers and Merchandiser on a daily basis and with Marketing department when required.
To approve and fit garments to required standards for our main brand and sub-brands.
• Produce initial size /design technical specifications in conjunction with designers.
• Ensure block and grade rules are correct & communicate with team if any changes are made.
• Ensure all correct samples are available for meetings in terms of styling, fit & made in the correct fabric when available, by chasing factories directly
• Update specs for salesman samples and production, comments to be made on style and measurers, communicate to factories
• Approve bulk approval samples and fabrics and accessories.
• Sealing all samples
• Testing of garments and trims using resources in-house and liaising with external labs.
• Approval of lab dips.
• Ensure bulk production is according to original design spec for style and measures.
• To be responsible for all samples and production from specific factories.
• Continue to monitor blocks are correct & update where necessary, ensuring office and factories are made aware of changes.
• Ensure all samples for photography are available in colours requested.
• Work with and maintain critical path system.
• Undertake trips to visit suppliers as and when required.
Salary: £20000 - £30000
Job Added by Angela Harper Resourcing
Date Added: 14th March 2011
Closing Date: 14th April 2011
TFN Manchester Careers Day
Wed 12th March 2014
Farah Launches comedy night Just Farah Laugh
Wed 19th March 2014
Future Devices Event 'High Fashion meets High Technology'
Thu 27th March 2014